Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Ancient Muse

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Greeting again from Laurie and another post for the "Pretty As A Picture" challenge going on at the Portal now.    This one features the Ancient Woman 4 Stamp from Lost Coast Designs and the "Muse" Clear Stamp from Carmen's Veranda.  There is a whole set of Ancient Women stamps available and they are all really beautiful!  They remind me of ancient Greek or Roman women whose faces you might have seen on antique vases or mosaics. 

I started by stamping my image with black ink onto a background paper I made using tan and rust paints and some vintage papers. I cut down the background paper to follow the tag shape of the stamp itself.  I used some Distress Ink to darken up the edges.

I found a piece of vintage lace trim and stitched it to the bottom of my tag.  I punched a hole in the top and threaded some multicolored fibers through.  I then stamped my sentiment with black ink on a scrap from my background paper, edged it with black, and tied it to my fibers.

And there you have a simple but elegant tag!  Let's see what tags or other goodies you can create with the "Pretty As A Picture" theme!




No comments: